Sample letter to claim a refund from KnowledgetoAction's Trader's University

Make sure that you visit our main posting on the KnowledgetoAction share trading course

We have received some email asking us about a sample letter that can be sent to Greg Secker's Knowledgetoaction Trader's University to cancel your stock trading course and claim a refund. It is important that you cancel your trader's university stock trading course within 1 week of signing up (usually at the knowledgetoaction seminar). Below is letter that you could send:


------------------

To: Knowledgetoaction (their address is on your invoice)

Dear Sir/Madam,

 

            On the day/month/year I attended one of your free 2-hour seminars at a hotel in TOWN. After a rather hyped presentation from a good speaker, I was persuaded to sign up for your 2-day course and to pay £2,348.46 by one of your salesmen. I filled in my credit card details and signed in the box where it said “Payment Method”. I was not informed of my rights to cancel my trader's university course, nor was I informed there would be a penalty for doing so.

            I have changed my mind and decided I would like to cancel the course. I telephoned the salesperson on day/month/year to tell him I would like to cancel. He told me that he would take care of it. I found out that the salesperson had in fact ignored my request for cancellation, and enrolled me anyway. I then sent you an email to cancel, and you acknowledged receipt of my cancellation on the day/month/year but you claimed that you would be keeping a non-refundable £500.  

            As the sale was concluded away from your business premises, I am entitled to a cooling off period of 7 working days. You acknowledged receipt of my cancellation notice within this time, and as such you must comply and refund the full amount of £2,348.46 to my credit card within 7 days. You are not entitled to keeping any part of my payment.

 Yours faithfully,


Bob the share trader

----------------

Make sure that you send this to knowledgetoaction by RECORDED DELIVERY this will ensure that you get a refund and are not scammed.

If you do leave it more than 1 week before cancelling your stock trading course, you could still give this letter a try. By not informing you of your rights to cancel your trading course, "Knowledge to action" are clearly in the wrong - this is something they MUST do. I would think that this is a reasonable argument for a late cancellation to be accepted.

What a shame that trader's university should operate such an operation.

Make sure that you visit our main posting on the KnowledgetoAction share trading course


2 comments:

  1. I was on the business premises when I stupidly signed up. Any suggestions please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you believe Knowledge to Action is a scam and you have been conned by the company please report them to Consumer Direct 08454 040506, http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/scamnesty and the Office of Fair Trading by sending an e-mail to sc@mnesty.net

    ReplyDelete